Auxillary Account Maintenance: Fiscal Services & Administration
Revenue generated from self-funded programs, whether they are college credit or continuing education, must be collected and tracked within 143 fund accounts. Once a self-funded program is approved, the Academic Finance Office performs the following functions to create and manage these accounts:
- Set up flexfield in PeopleSoft
- Process faculty/staff payments
- Establish program development share account for residual funds
- Respond to and/or coordinate with requests for information from internal and/or legislative auditors and maintaining auditable records for required period of time
Self-funded Business Handbook - Account Opening Procedures for Distance Programs & Courses >>
Program Implementation / Support
Once a new academic program has been approved by the Office of the Provost, the distance learning unit can assist faculty and staff in setting up the administrative aspects of supporting on-line or continuing education programs. The DL unit can provide consultation on how to set up student recruitment/ marketing, enrollment/ retention and program completion.
Registrations & Payment Collection
If a unit's tuition, fees, schedule or other unique needs do not fit within the University's standard ONE.UF and student fee collection system, several options exist:
- QuickReg - automated registration, credit card payment and enrollment in Sakai for online CE courses
- Conferences & Seminars - free service for online registration and fee collection
- XMS - online payment system for self-funded credit, off-calendar, non-college credit (CE) or other activities not directly supported by UF's financial services
Units also have the option to directly incorporate approved online credit card services into their own applications using the University's IPAY service.
Online application for collecting official UF instructor evaluations for college credit courses. https://evaluations.ufl.edu/